Friday, September 19, 2014

Letter 0

Letter o

Today we started learning about the letter O.
The first activity we did was to use our bingo markers to dot all the Os we found on our paper.  The 
kids did this so quickly I missed them in action..

I emptied the beans out of the sensory bin and replaced them with balls and hid the letter O pictures in them.

Matthew and Samantha matched the the O pictures to the sheet.

While the other kids did their school work Samantha put together her new Elmo puzzle.  This was her first time doing this puzzle and she did it without help!  She was super excited to not need help!

I bought this puzzle over the weekend at a yardsale.  There is a dice you roll and then you place the matching piece in your puzzle.  It came with multiple sets so I think it is supposed to be like a bingo game but she is using it like this.

In one of her drawers I put materials to make her own apple tree.  The tree trunk was build already but she used her scissors to cut the green leaves herself.  Then she glued the leaves and the apples onto the tree.  This activity did not keep her busy as long as I was hoping.  I guess I thought she would cut out more leaves. 
When you run out of activities for your 3yr old do you know what happens?  I'll tell you what happens she will go in her sisters room and find her dress-up makeup and put it on!  Oh well I guess it could have been worse!

Samantha also dot painted her Os and apparently her octopus with an orange bingo marker.  As she was doing this she exlaimed, "Mom orange starts with O!"  She was really excited that she recognized a word that started with her letter.

Samantha practiced tracing her Os with a dry erase marker and then I had her cove her Os with pom poms.  She did not want to do this at 1st because I think she thought it would be difficult but after she finished she was super excited!


Here Samantha is painting her O orange with a Q-tip.  This was our final O activity for the week.  She did this in the morning before we left for our apple field trip.  Next week we will start U and we will finish the vowels!

No comments:

Post a Comment