Monday, September 8, 2014

Preschool letter I

                                                I i


Samantha's interest in school seems to have improved greatly this week!  I think having air conditioning and several new activities has renewed her interests!  
Samantha traced the I with he finger and with the dry erase marker.
This was a new activity.  She used a hole punch to punch all the squares with the letter I in it.  The hole puncher was very hard to squeeze but because she was stubborn she managed to do it.  Letter recognition and finger strengthening exercising combined into 1! It's a win win!

She found the letter I and colored them with her marker.

This week Samantha spent some time working with money.  At first we talked about the names of the coins.  Then we counted them out onto number cards.

Later while I was working with the other kids I asked Samantha to stack all the coins in a tall tower.  This kept her busy for a few minutes.  Then I asked her to put tall the change through the coin slot on a bank! Yeah for fine motor skills!


Later she also worked on spelling her name with bottle cap letters.  This is not a favorite activity, however it is an important one.

As usual Samantha played the short vowel shuffle with the letter I added, and played with the letter I themed bean bin.



No comments:

Post a Comment